Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Banana Chiffon Cake(1) Read review
Have you tried this recipe? Submit a review.
(Recipe ID: 328)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 70 to 75 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Light and airy cake baked in a 10 inch tube pan
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 1/2 cups Sifted cake flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground all spice *
- 3/4 cup Acacia honey *
- 1/2 cup Olive oil *
- 5 Egg yolks
- 1/3 cup Warm water
- 1 1/3 cups Mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla powder *
- 1 cup Egg whites (about 8 egg whites)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- Combine warm water and honey; set aside.
- Sift flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and allspice into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add olive oil, honey mixture, egg yolks, bananas, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, and cream of tartar; beat until very stiff peaks form.
- Pour egg-yolk batter over entire surface of beaten egg whites in steady stream.
- Fold in gently, just until blended.
- Pour batter into un-greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 55 minutes.
- Increase temperature 400 degrees and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Invert pan.
- Let cool thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.