Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 405)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Sweet Crabmeat, delicate spinach, gently spicy... perfect as a light first course.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 cup Cooked crabmeat
- 1/2 pound Fresh spinach
- 1 Scallion stalk
- 2 Slices fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 6 cups Fish stock, divided
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil *
- 1 tablespoon Sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- Flake and pick over crabmeat.
- Remove tough stems from spinach; chop leaves.
- Cut scallion stalk in 1-inch sections.
- Mince ginger root.
- Blend cornstarch and ½ cup fish stock.
- Set aside.
- In a deep pan, heat olive oil; add scallion and ginger and stir-fry a few times.
- Add crabmeat; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add “Sherry” wine and stir-fry ½ minute more.
- Add remaining fish stock and bring to a boil.
- Add spinach and salt; bring to a boil again, then reduce heat to medium.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring until the soup thickens and is smooth.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.