Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Stewed Beans and “Galletti” Mushrooms
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 521)
Preparation time: 40 minutes; Cook time: 90 minutes plus cooling
Source: Vito De Carolis
Hearty Cannellini and earty Galletti (Chantrelles) combine for a savory meal.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Galletti mushrooms In olive oil *
- 1/2 pound Cannellini white beans
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Thyme sprigs; fresh
- 3 Fresh leaves of sage
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 teaspoon Black peppercorn; freshly ground *
- Fine sea salt; to taste *
- Soak beans in cold water overnight.
- Drain and rinse them; place them in a pot covered in water.
- Add thyme, and a clove of garlic; simmer them for an hour while salting them lightly before completely cooked.
- Mince the remaining garlic and sauté it in Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a sauce pot over a medium heat; when it has become golden (don't let it brown) drain and add the mushrooms and sage.
- Cook 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Drain beans, reserving the bean liquid, and add them to the mushrooms.
- Dilute the tomato paste in a cup of bean liquid and add it to the sauce pot; add peppercorn and seasoning with salt.
- Cook 20 minutes more, cover, and let the pot rest 20 minutes before serving.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.