Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Reginette Pasta with Vegetables and Lemon (Reginette con Verdure e Limone)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 175)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Reginette pasta is similar to 1/2-inch (1 cm wide) tagliatelle, but with wavy edges, and they are also known as Mafaldine, in honor of Princess Mafalda of Savoy.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound "Reginette" pasta *
- 1 Large carrot cut into julienne
- 2 Red onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 Lemons
- 6 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil *
- 4 tablespoons Hot water
- 3 tablespoons Capers preserved in vinegar, drained *
- 1/2 teaspoon White peppercorn, freshly ground *
- Fine sea salt to taste *
- 4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt *
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water
- Rinse the lemons and remove the zest with a peeler and cut into julienne strips (1/2 inch wide/ 2-3 inches long), then squeeze the lemons and filter the juice through a sieve.
- Set aside.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan over low heat; add onions, carrots, lemon zest and capers.
- Cook for 6 minutes then add 4 tablespoons of hot water, and cook 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot, bring 1 1/2 gallons of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the coarse sea salt (4 tablespoons), then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in a colander.
- Add the pasta into the frying pan with the vegetables, mix well then add the ground peppercorn and lemon juice; cook over a medium heat for 1 minute, stirring continuously and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.