Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pork and Brussels Sprouts Ragout
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 190)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 1 3/4 - 2 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Thick, rich and hearty stew.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 1/2 pounds Lean pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Green peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 2 teaspoons Beer vinegar (or white wine vinegar) *
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 cup Beer
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- Shake pork with flour in a large paper bag until coated.
- Melt 3 1/2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan; add pork and saute' until well browned, turn meat frequently to brown evenly.
- Remove pork and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoon butter to frying pan; add onion and garlic, and saute' until lightly browned.
- Add pork, salt, peppercorn, beer vinegar, beef broth and beer to onion mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally during cooking time; if necessary add water to adjust consistency.
- Add brussels sprouts and cook 15 minutes or longer until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Before serving sprinkle with parsley; serve with boiled potatoes.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.