Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Roast Pheasant with Yogurt Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 626)
Preparation time: 1 Hour and 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Pheasants are highly prized by connoisseurs. This recipe calls for stuffing and roasting the pheasants, then serving them with a fragrant yogurt sauce.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 Young Pheasants
- 4 Tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Sherry Wine
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts, crushed
- 12 Juniper Berries *
- 1 teaspoon Grated Orange Peel
1 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
Sosalt "Fior di Sale al Ginepro" suggested
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn *
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- Fine Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn, to taste *
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Dry Cider
- 3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dill, coarsely chopped
- Moisten breadcrumbs with Sherry. Add hazelnuts, 6 juniper berries, orange peel, salt and pepper. Stuff birds with the mixture.
- Place birds on rack in a roasting pan. Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 425°F for 10 minutes, then lower heat to 400°F and continue cooking until tender (about 35 to 40 minutes).
- Remove birds and keep warm.
- Add onion, and 6 juniper berries to the pan and fry until brown, stir in the cider and then gradually add the yogurt.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes, add dill, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Pour some of the hot yogurt sauce over the pheasants and serve the remainder on side.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.