Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Eggplant Salad (Ensalada de Berenjenas)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 765)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Delicious Spanish appetizer or salad- also vegetarian.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil and more if necessary *
- 2 pounds Eggplant, unpeeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 medium White Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1/2" squares
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into 1/2" squares
- 3 Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar *
- 2 Tablespoons Capers
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet. When very hot, add eggplant and toss to coat with oil.
- Lower heat to medium, season with salt and pepper and cook until eggplant begins to color. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add a bit more oil to skillet and cook the onions and peppers until they are soft.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Return to the skillet the cooked eggplant cubes and the sugar, vinegar and capers Reduce heat to low and cook until the eggplant is soft. Taste for seasoning and serve hot or room temperature with toasted bread or crackers.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.