Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Miniature Cherry Cheesecake
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 767)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes plus cooling
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
This one is easy, easy, easy! In fact it is originally a recipe from children's cooking classes.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 1/4 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs (1 package)
- 1/4 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon *
- 12 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar plus 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Juice from one 1 pound can of Pitted Pie Cherries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon each Almond Extract and Red Food Coloring
- 1 cup Canned Cherries
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Make crumbs by placing them in a plastic bag and rolling across it with a rolling pin.
- Mix crumbs together with confectioners sugar, melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
- Spoon 2 3/4 tablespoons of the crumb mixture into a lined 12 cup muffin tin and pack it firmly with your fingers.
- Bake muffin tin in a 350º oven for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and beat until well mixed.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt, mix well and pour 1/8 cup of cheesecake mixture into graham craker-lined muffin. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with cherry topping.
- Drain cherries and mix the syrup with sugar and cornstarch. Blend well and cook mixture until it boils and becomes very thick. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract, food coloring and canned cherries.
- Cool the topping. Spoon about one tablespoon on each niniature cheesecake. Chill and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.