Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Poultry and Meat Stock ( Brodo di Carne)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 187)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 7 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Poultry and meat stock Italian style
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Beef short ribs
- 2 pounds Beef shank
- 1 Chicken
- 2 pounds Beef oxtail
- 2 pounds Pork spare ribs
- 2 Carrots medium size, rinsed and peeled
- 2 Large onions, peeled
- 2 Celery stalks, rinsed
- 2 Sprigs of thyme
- 4 Parsley stems
- 2 Bay leaves *
- 3 quarts Cold water
- 1/2 Whole nutmeg *
- 1 Tablespoon Whole black peppercorn *
- 1 tablespoon Juniper berries *
- 2 Cinnamon sticks *
- 1/2 tablespoon Cloves *
- 1 teaspoon Whole allspice tied up in a cheesecloth bag *
1/2 whole Nutmeg
1 tablespoon Whole black peppercorn
1 tablespoon Juniper berries
2 Cinnamon sticks
1/2 tablespoon Cloves
1 tablespoon Whole allspice
All tied up in a cheesecloth bag
- Rinse all meat and bones in hot water twice.
- Place the meat and bones in a large stockpot and cover with cold water by 6 inches.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cook for one hour, skimming as necessary.
- Add vegetable and sachet d'Epice, continue to slowly simmer over medium-low heat for 6 hours, skimming often.
- Strain the stock and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next day skim out the grease.
- The stock can be stored in the refrigerator for one week or frozen.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.