Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Oven Poached Stuffed Salmon
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 298)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 12 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Looks good, tastes good and good for you; a winner!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 1/2 pounds Fresh salmon fillets (cut into 4 equal pieces)
- 1/2 pound Small shrimp
- 1 Stalk celery
- 1 Small onion
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 1/3 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Egg whites (slightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon Chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dried leaf thyme *
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated nutmeg *
- 1 teaspoon Ground white pepper *
- 1 teaspoon Salt *
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 1 cup Fish stock, clam juice or water
- 2 Bay leaves *
- 2 tablespoons Melted unsalted butter or margarine
1 cup Dry white wine
1 cup Fish stock, clam juice or water
2 Bay leaves
2 tablespoons Melted unsalted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- If necessary, cut fillets into proper serving size and remove any remaining small bones.
- With a sharp, thin bladed knife, cut a wide pocket in the middle of each fillet.
- Be careful not to cut all the way through the fish.
- Set aside and prepare the stuffing.
- Finely chop the celery and onion.
- Together with 2 tablespoons olive oil, saute the celery and onion lightly.
- Cool slightly and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, egg whites, parsley, thyme, nutmeg, white pepper and salt to the mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients until they are well blended.
- Divide stuffing into 4 equal parts and stuff each fillet with a portion.
- Pour poaching liquid into a high-sided baking dish or fish poacher.
- Arrange each fillet in the liquid, cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and place baking dish into a 375 degree oven.
- Cook stuffed salmon about 12 minutes.
- Remove fish from oven, place on serving dish and moisten each fillet with a couple of teaspoons of the poaching liquid.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon.
- Serve with or without a sauce.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.