Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 393)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 60 minutes plus cooling
Source: Vito De Carolis
Cherries, walnuts and coconut come together for a fine tube cake.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 can Pitted dark sweet cherries ( about 17oz.)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Angel flakes (coconut)
- 1 teaspoon Grated lemon rind
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon *
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons Fresh lemon juice
- Drain and halve cherries, reserving syrup for another use.
- Combine cherries with walnuts, coconut and lemon rind; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, soda, cinnamon, butter, buttermilk, and eggs.
- Blend at a low speed until moistened; beat at medium speed 3 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter into well-greased, 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Spoon cherries over batter.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, until top springs back when lightly touched in the center.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Make the glaze by combining powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.