Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Fish Maw Soup
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 498)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Don't let this idea scare you, although a little unusual for American's taste, any chef knows that fish heads are full of flavor.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/4 pound Fish maw (mouth)
- 1/2 cup Chicken
- 6 Water chestnuts
- 1/4 pound Spinach
- 2 tablespoons Smoked ham
- 6 cups Fish stock
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- Dash of green peppercorn; freshly ground to taste *
- Soak fish’s maw, then dice.
- Dice chicken and water chestnuts.
- Cut spinach leaves in 2-inch sections.
- Mince ham.
- Bring fish stock to a boil.
- Add diced ingredients and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Add spinach and simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes.
- Stir in salt, soy sauce and peppercorn.
- Garnish with minced ham.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.