Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Salmon with Onion Marmalade
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 691)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 60 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Easy salmon recipe with fragrant onion marmalade.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 medium Red Onion
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided *
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt with Aromatic Orange Peel
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Allspice *
- 1/2 cup Fresh Orange Juice
1/4 cup Moscato White Wine Vinegar
Ramo d'Oro suggested
- 2 Salmon Steaks or Fillets
- Fine Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn, to taste *
- Cut red onion into 8 wedges.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy bottomed saucepan. Add onion wedges, aromatic salt and allspice.
- Cook a few minutes, then add orange juice and "Moscato" wine vinegar. Cover and cook for 45 minutes over a low heat. Process in a blender before serving.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and sautè in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
- Serve salmon with the warm onion mamalade.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.