Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Greek Salad (Classic)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 133)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
This is Don Vito's version of the classic, easy and tasty.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 pound Crumbled feta cheese
- 6 Large red tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 Green bell pepper cut into julienne
- 3 Medium sized cucumbers, halved lengthwise, unseeded, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 1 Large red onion, sliced into fine rings
- 1 cup Pitted black Kalamata olives
- 5 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil *
- 1 tablespoon White wine vinegar *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry green Oregano *
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry marjoram
- Mix the first 6 ingredients into a bowl.
- Combine the vinegar with salt and herbs, then add the extra virgin olive oil gradually while whisking constantly to create a thick, emulsified vinaigrette.
- Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette, toss it and serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.