Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Turkey "Fried" Rice
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 103)
Preparation time: 45 minutes plus cooling; Cook time: 1 hours
Source: Merry Thomas, M.S. R.D. L.D.
Low fat and heathly, but still loaded with taste.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Intergrale rice* by Cascina Belvedere *
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking olive oil *
- 1 Tablespoons Bluegrass soy sauce* by Bourbon Barrel Foods *
- 2 cups Chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup Frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Coarsely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup Sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup Coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup Egg substitute
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan; stir in rice.
- Cook rice for 40 minutes
- Cover and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over low heat; stir in soy sauce.
- Add turkey; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peas and next 3 ingredients.
- Saute' 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in egg substitute and cook 1 minute or until egg is done, stirring constantly.
- Combine rice, and turkey mixture; stir well.
- Serve hot.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.