Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Langoustine (Prawns) in Cheese Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 453)
Preparation time: 35 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Extremly rich and smooth sauce.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 40 Small langoustines
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons Whole milk
- 3/4 cup Cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons Fresh parsley, chopped
- to taste Sel Gris fine sea salt* *
- 3 cups Essenza rice* by Cascina Belvedere cooked *
- Shell the langoustine.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and sauté mushrooms and chopped onion for few minutes, until softened.
- Add cream, milk, and cream cheese, and stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in langoustine and chopped parsley; simmer for a minute and remove from heat, leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and serve warm with steamed rice.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.