Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Deep Fried Pork Meat Balls
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 491)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Crowd pleasing starter course.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Pork
- 1 Slice of fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Avanti Savoia Cooking/All Purpose Olive Oil suggested
- Mince pork and ginger root.
- Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste, then stir in salt and soy sauce.
- Add to pork and ginger and mix well.
- Form into walnut-size balls, but do not over-handle or pack too tightly.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil to about 375 degrees for deep-frying in a wok pan.
- Add meatballs one at a time, and deep-fry several at once, turning frequently for even cooking.
- When meatballs float, remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Reheat oil.
- Return meatballs to fry 1 minute more (cut one open to make sure meat is no longer pink).
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with a sweet-and-pungent sauce (see recipe) poured over.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.