Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Morels with Madeira and Fettucini
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 573)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Michael Lomonaco/Chef Joseph Lowery
Savory recipe for fresh mushroom hunters. Morels and Maderia love each other!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 pound Fresh morels, cut in half, lengthwise (see cleaning note)
- 2 tablespoons Sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons Chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine
- 1 cup Hot chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 pound Fresh fettucini noodles, cooked according to directions on package *
- 2 tablespoons Fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Finely julienned Smithfield ham (about 3 ounces)
To clean morels:
*Cut off tough bottom of stem. Wash in 3 soaks of cold water. To first soak, add 2 tablespoons salt and remove any wildlife that is drawn out.
- Clean morels according to note.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, heat butter, and add morels. Saute morels for about 3 minutes.
- Add shallots, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Madeira and simmer until Madeira is reduced by half.
- Add 1/2 cup of hot chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reserve additional stock.
- Add additional stock as needed to achieve desired thickness of sauce.
- Cook fresh pasta according to package instructions.
- Add cream to morels and simmer, but do not boil.
- Place pasta in large serving bowl.
- Add sage and ham to morels and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.