Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Couscous Tuna Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 793)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes plus cooling
Source: Chef David Hughes
Nice warm weather combination; simple creation by Chef David Hughes.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Couscous
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil *
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper *
- 1 7 ounce can Italian Tuna, packed in olive oil
- 2 Tender Celery Ribs, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 small Cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Cook the couscous with salt to taste, according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the basil, oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the warm couscous. Drain the tuna and place it in the bowl with celery, tomato and cucumber.
- Stir well. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve at room temperature or chill in the refrigerator briefly.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.