Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Mother's Old Fashioned Deviled Eggs
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 813)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes plus cooling
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
This is my Mother's recipe, slightly updated and possibly yours as well.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 12 Eggs
- 1 Dill Pickle, minced
- 3 Green Onions, minced
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard *
- Salt and Pepper *
- Paprika or Parsley for garnish
- Hard-boil eggs, and peel when they are cool. Cut eggs in half lengthwise, being careful not to break the whites. Scoop out yolks and put them in a bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork, then add dill pickle, green onions, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Carefully spoon yolk filling into white halves. Decorate with paprika or parlsey. Garnish with radish flowers and lemon crowns.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.