Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Penne with Sugar Snaps, Peas, Tomatoes and Herbs
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 436)
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Fresh and alive. Great pasta dish!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Sugar snap peas
- 20 Firm, ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Aromatic salt
Ferri dal 1905 - Aromatic Seasoning & Meat Rub – suggeted)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 3 tablespoons Scallion greens, cut into 1/2 inch lengths
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water (12 pints)
4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt
Sosal - suggested
1 pound Penne rigate
Garofalo – suggested
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- Fine sea salt and green peppercorn, freshly ground to taste *
- Rinse peas, then remove strings as necessary (break stem end, then gently pull along the length of the pod to remove spines).
- Cut each pea in half diagonally.
- Quarter cherry tomatoes and combine in serving bowl with ¼ teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon aromatic salt, olive oil and 3 tablespoons scallion greens.
- In a large pot, bring 1½ gal. (12 pt.) of water to rolling boil .
- Add 4 tablespoons of coarse sea salt, and place sugar snaps in a sieve and dip into boiling water until not quite cooked (about 1½ minutes).
- Set peas aside.
- Return water to rolling boil, then add the “Penne” and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in a colander.
- Add to bowl with tomatoes.
- Add the sugar snaps and toss to coat.
- Add 3 tablespoons each basil and parsley; toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with nuts; toss again before serving.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.