Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 142)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Plantains or "cooking bananas" are a famous delicacy all over Mexico and the Carribean. They are also served with fried potatoes in little street market stalls and called "tostones y papas fritas." Excellent with a cold beverage of choice.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 4 teaspoons Olive Oil *
- 4 regular size Ripe plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces on the diagonal
- Juice of 1/2 lime, optional
- Salt to taste *
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with olive oil.
- Wait for the foam to subside a little and add the plantain slices and fry 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Stir gently to prevent sticking.
- Remove the fried plantiains fom the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Serve fried plantains on a warm festive platter.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and salt if desired.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.