Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Golden Rice Pilaf
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 288)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Bright color and aromatic flavor. Wonderful side dish with curry.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 cups Essenza white rice* by Cascina Belvedere *
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon White pepper *
- 1/2 teaspoon Flor De Sal sea salt* *
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Orange peel, cut into tiny julienne strips
- 1/4 cup Golden raisins
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1 Teaspoon Saffron
- Heat chicken stock to simmer.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and add rice.
- Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes stirring almost constantly.
- Add all other ingredients except stock and cook 1 minute.
- Add simmering chicken stock, briing to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Cook covered for about 15 minutes, remove from heat and allow to sit for a good 5 minutes before serving.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.