Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Crayfish Tail Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 339)
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Salade de Queues d'E'Crevisses... can substitute other cold seafood besides crawfish.
~Adapted from the recipes of Fernand Point
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Cooked crayfish tails, shelled
- 1/4 cup Pasteurized eggs
- 1 tablespoon Paprika *
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon *
- 1 tablespoon Chervil
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano *
- 1/4 teaspoon Basil
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Brandy
- 1 tablespoon Madeira
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely ground mustard
- 8 ounces Sour cream
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil *
- 2 Heads Boston lettuce
- Paprika and finely chopped parsely for garnish *
- Combine and mix well the eggs, seasonings, wine, brandy, Worcestershire, and tomato sauce.
- Stir in the crayfish tails, and allow to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove the tails and beat in the sour cream followed by the oil a little at a time.
- Taste for seasoning and stir in the crayfish tails.
- Serve atop the lettuce cut into chiffonade (thin strips or shreds) and sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Garnish each serving with a whole cooked crawfish.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.