Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 376)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
The melted goat cheese in the sauce gives this dish a wonderful flavor and velvety mouth feel. (Forget the low fat- low cal. with this one)
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Mixed seafood (fish, shrimp, scallops)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1 pint Whipping cream
- 4 ounces Chevre or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- The zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground nutmeg *
- Salt and pepper to taste *
1 pound Fettucini
Garofalo - suggested
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Finely chopped parsley
- Place 4 or 5 quarts of water, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a large stock pot and bring to a boil.
- While water is coming to a boil, melt butter in a large skillet or saute pan and quickly cook seafood pieces.
- When lightly done, remove seafood from pan and set aside.
- Stir flour into the drippings in the pan and return to the burner.
- Stir mixture over medium heat 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cream, and cook, stirring until sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in goat cheese and parmesan, lemon zest, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook until cheese melts and add seafood.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta in boiling water about 10 minutes or until al dente, but tender.
- Drain pasta and toss with the 2 tablespoons butter.
- Quickly bring sauce to simmer and place a portion of pasta on serving plates.
- Top the fettucini with sauce and sprinkle each serving with a little chopped parsley and additional parmesan cheese if desired.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.