Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 847)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: <5 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Bruschetta (pronounced brus’ketta) is the original garlic bread. This is a simple yet savory appetizer that has been enjoyed in Italy for centuries. The basic recipe calls for slices of good bread to be lightly grilled or toasted under the broiler, rubbed with garlic and then generously drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and seasoned with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Change this up a little bit by adding a dollop of Lowcountry Tomato Sauce, a few capers, a pinch of Don Vito’s Gold Italian Herb Blend and some grated Parmesan cheese – really easy and delicious!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 8 slices Italian or other good bread
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and slightly curshed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil *
- Sea salt to taste *
- freshly ground black pepper to taste *
- Light grill or pre-heat broiler.
- Grill or toast the bread on both sides and remove from heat.
- Rub one side of the bread amply with the garlic, using as much garlic as it takes.
- Arrange the bread on a serving platter, garlic side up.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt, pepper and any other topping that appeals to you.
- Serve warm with a glass of good vino.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.