Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Hot Lettuce Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 116)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Lousy name for a salad, fortunately the salad is great.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/4 pound Bacon
- 2 tablespoons Fresh onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar *
- 3 tablespoons Dry white wine, boiled for 3 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon All-purpose flour
- 4 cups Lettuce, torn (one small head)
- Cook bacon in a frying pan, remove and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in frying pan.
- Crumble and reserve.
- Add onion to frying pan and cook until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except lettuce; mix well.
- Heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; simmer 1 minute.
- Combine lettuce and crumbled bacon in a large bowl, add hot dressing and toss lightly to mix well.
- Serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.