Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Stir-Fried Pork with Peanuts
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 469)
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 18 to 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Freshly cooked peanuts with savory pork.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 pound Lean pork
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sherry wine
- 1/4 pound Fresh mushrooms
- 2 Celery stalks
- 1 Scallion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided *
- 1/2 cup Raw peanuts
1/2 teaspoon Aromatic sea salt with Celery Seeds
Ferri dal 1905 suggested
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegetable broth
- Dice pork.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and Sherry wine; then add to pork and toss to coat.
- Dice mushrooms and celery.
- Mince scallion; crush garlic.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a wok pan.
- Sprinkle raw peanuts lightly with salt, then add to pan and toss lightly.
- When peanuts begin to brown, remove and drain on paper towel.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil; add garlic and brown lightly.
- Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and celery; stir-fry to coat with oil (about ½ minute).
- Add oyster sauce and vegetable broth, stir-fry to blend in (about 1 minute).
- Stir in peanuts only to reheat.
- Serve at once, garnished with minced scallion.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.