Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Knockferry Red Cabbage
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 637)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Irish Red Cabbage...County Galway style.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 Onions, minced
- Butter, to fry
- 1 large Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Icing Sugar
- 3 Apples, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Caraway Seeds
1 1/2 cups White Wine Vinegar
Claudio Rosso White Wine Vinegar suggested
- Fine Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn, to taste *
- Fry onions in a large saucepan with the lid on until they are transparent.
- Add cabbage and cook for a while with the lid on. Stirring occasionally.
- Add all other ingredients - the vinegar last - stir again.
- Add enough water to keep the cabbage from burning and cook with lid on until tender, stirring often. Serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.