Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 824)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 2 1/2 hours
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 medium Leeks
- 4 stalks Celery
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Purple Onions
- 3 Green Onions
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 large Bell Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Cooking/All Purpose Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 12 Black Peppercorns*
- 3 whole Cloves*
- 2 Bay Leaves*
- 1/2 teaspoons Thyme*
- 4 quarts Water
- to taste Salt *
- Wash and coarsely chop leeks, celery, carrots, purple onions, green onions, garlic, tomatoes and bell pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot and add chopped vegetables.
- Cook over medium heat 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add white wine and cook about 3 more minutes.
- Add white peppercorns, black peppercorns, cloves, bay leaves, thyme and water to stockpot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook 2 hours, occasionally skimming off any material that may rise to the top.
- Remove from heat salt to taste and strain through a cheescloth-lined sieve. Cool uncovered and refrigerate. Once cooled portion into small containers and freeze until needed.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.