Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 833)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 Egg Yolks
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Margarine
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- to t Salt* *
- Separate eggs and place yolks in a blender or food processor. Reserve whites for another purpose.
- Add lemon juice to egg yolks and blend thoroughly for 2 minutes.
- Over a low flame, melt together margarine and butter.
- Turn on blender and, very slowly at first, dribble in a few drops of melted margarine and butter. As the mixture begins to emulsify, add the remaining butter and margarine in an increasing steady stream until all of it has been used and the sauce has thickened.
- Add pinches of cayenne pepper and nutmeg. Add salt to taste. If necessary, the hollandaise sauce may be thinned by blending in a little warm water.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.