Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Low Fat Macaroni Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 91)
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus cooling; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Merry Thomas, M.S. R.D. L.D.
A pasta salad based on a low-fat mayonnaise dressing.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip "Free" non-fat dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Basil leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar *
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pepper *
- 8 ounces Macaroni (2 cups) cooked, drained and cooled *
- 1 cup carrots, slivered
- 1 Bermuda onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup Sweet pickle relish
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup Chopped tomato
- 2 Hard boiled eggs
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, pepper, and basil leaves.
- Cook macaroni, drain and allow to cool.
- Add all remaining ingredients together in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- Can garnish with sliced hard-boiled eggs, if desired.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.