Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Broiled Chicken with Hunter's Sauce (a la Chasseur)(1) Read review
Have you tried this recipe? Submit a review.
(Recipe ID: 234)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Everyday French Family style dining.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 6 Chicken legs and thighs
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil *
- 1/4 cup Wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Paprika *
- 1 teaspoon Thyme *
- 1/2 teaspoon Finely ground black pepper *
1 Recipe Hunter's Sauce
Recipe for Hunter's Sauce can be found in Avanti Savoia sauces
- Preheat the broiler to 500 degrees or so and place the oven rack 3-4 inches below the broiler.
- Mix together olive oil, wine, lemon, paprika, thyme, and black pepper.
- Place chicken skin down in roasting pan.
- Brush chicken with 1/2 of the oil, wine, and seasonings mixture.
- Slide roasting pan with the chicken under the ready broiler.
- After about ten minutes, turn chicken and bast with the remainder of the mixture.
- Replace in oven and broil about another 5 to 10 minutes depending on size and doneness of chicken pieces.
- While chicken is cooking prepare the sauce.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.