Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 411)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Make your own! Easy, easy, easy.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 Egg yolks
- 6 teaspoons Fresh lemon juice (more drops as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry mustard
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 5 teaspoons Hot water
*Note: Egg yolks, and oil must be at room temperature (about 70°F)
- Beat yolks, salt, mustard, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl until very thick and pale yellow. (Note: If using electric mixer, beat at medium speed.)
- Add about 1/4 cup oil, drop by drop, beating vigorously at all times.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon each lemon juice and hot water.
- Add another 1/4 cup oil, a few drops at a time, beating vigorously at all times.
- Beat in another teaspoon each lemon juice and water.
- Add 1/2 cup oil in a very fine steady stream, beating constantly.
- Then mix in remaining lemon juice and water; slowly beating in remaining oil.
- If you like, thin mayonnaise with a little additional hot water.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Do not keep longer than 1 week.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.