Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Curried Haddock with Pineapple
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 512)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 40 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Fruity, rich and exotic.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Haddock fillets, skinned and boned
- 1/4 teaspoon Black peppercorn; freshly ground *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 Leek, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 pound Prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 Small, thin pineapple (about 1/2 pound), chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder *
- 1 teaspoon Paprika powder *
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees; grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
- Cut haddock into pieces and season them with peppercorn and salt.
- In a frying pan heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil; add and sauté leek and garlic over a medium heat until softened.
- Add bell peppers and sauté 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Add prawn, heavy cream, pineapple and pineapple juice.
- Stir in Worcester sauce, curry powder and paprika.
- Simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add fish pieces and simmer for 1 more minute.
- Remove from the heat and pour everything into ovenproof dish.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.