Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Honey-Roasted Duck Breast
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 532)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Fantastic combination of duck, honey, sherry vinegar and hazelnuts.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 Duck breasts with the skin on
- 1/2 tablespoon Aromatic seasoning and Meat Rub-Ferrai dal 1905 *
- 2 tablespoons Acacia honey *
- 2 tablespoons White wine vinegar *
- 1/2 pound Fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup Toasted hazelnuts
1/3 cup Hazelnut oil
Perles de Gascogne – suggested
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/3 cup Sherry vinegar
- Fine sea salt and black peppercorn; freshly ground to taste *
- Score the skin of the duck breasts in a criss-cross pattern with a very sharp knife.
- Season the duck breast generously with the Aromatic Seasoning and rub into the skin thoroughly.
- Place the duck breasts, skin-side down, on a dry ovenproof pan and cook over very low heat to render down most of the fat.
- This may take 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fat.
- Now turn up the heat, and fry until the skin is crisp.
- Turn the duck breasts over and cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
- Just before the duck is ready, combine chestnut honey and honey vinegar and drizzle it over.
- Toss and turn the duck in the honey mixture and cook until the liquid has reduced to a syrupy glaze.
- Transfer duck to a warm plate and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Get a pan of boiling water for the beans with a large pinch of salt.
- Add the beans to the water and cook for no more than one minute.
- Meanwhile, crush the hazelnuts lightly with a pestle and mortar.
- Drain the beans thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Whisk the oils and sherry vinegar together with some seasoning.
- Toss the beans in the vinaigrette to taste.
- To serve: Place the bean salad off center on warm plates.
- Slice the duck breast lengthways and place on top.
- Drizzle any remaining pan juices over and finish with a small drizzle of the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.