Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Chicken with Mustard and Wine Sauce (Dijonaise)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 723)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 40 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
This dish from France can also pe prepared with boned chicken breast.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Whole Frying Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 large Garlic Cloves, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Shallots
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine (more maybe needed)
- 1 cup Leeks, sliced into 2" lengths, washed and drained
- Salt and Pepper, to taste *
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream, unsweetened and unwhipped
- Hack the chicken i.e. cut into serving pieces. Use a cleaver and have the pieces no larger than 2 inches square. Heat a large frying pan or wok and add the oil. Saute the chicken pieces over high heat, until they are browned.
- Remove the chicken from the wok; drain oil and discard.
- Saute the garlic and shallots in the pan for a minute. Add the white wine and the chicken. Cover and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the leeks. Toss and cook for a moment. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the mustard and cream. Toss and serve. You may need to add more wine if the sauce is too thick.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.