Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pappardelle pasta alle 3P (Panna – Pesto – Pomodoro)(1) Read review
Have you tried this recipe? Submit a review.
(Recipe ID: 105)
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
This a a really delicious use of arugla, destined to even win over arugula haters. The“3Ps” sauce is cream (panna)– pesto(made with arugula) – and pomodoro (tomatoes).
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Pappardele pasta *
- 1 pound Fresh Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 ounces Fresh Arugula (rocket herb)
- 2 ounces Grated "Pecorino" cheese
- 8 ounces Fresh Cream
- .7 ounce Pine Nuts
- 1 clove Garlic
- 10 Tablespoons “Colonna” Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 ounces Coarse Salt (for cooking the pasta) *
- Clean the rocket herb leaves, than put them, along with 50gr. (1.8oz.) of grated “Pecorino” cheese, the garlic clove, the pine nuts and 8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a food processor and mix until it becomes a cream.
- In a large pot bring 1.5 gallons of water to a boil, salt the water (2 ounces of salt for 1.5 gallons of water) pour the pasta and bring back to a boil. Lower the flame and cook the pasta until it is “al dente” 13/15 minutes, check the producer’s recommendations for cooking times, pastas will vary. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- While pasta cooks, put the quartered Roma tomatoes in a pan with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil “Marcinase”, cook for about 10 minutes than add the cream and stir, cook for one minute.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and put it in a big bowl with “Pesto” cream, stir well and add the tomato sauce.
- Gently stir and sprinkle the remaining grated “Pecorino” on top.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.