Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Fish with Vegetables and Yogurt Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 514)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Haddock or other fish; skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 Leek, sliced
- 2 Carrots, finely sliced
- 1/2 pound Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 teaspoon Dried oregano
Ferri dal 1905 Green Oregano Sicily suggested
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink peppercorn; freshly ground *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 Large egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups Plain yogurt
Skyr an “Icelandic cultured dairy product” suggested
- 3/4 teaspoon Curry powder *
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut fish into pieces.
- In a frying pan heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sauté leek, carrots, mushrooms, and bell pepper over a medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until softened.
- Add oregano, peppercorn and salt.
- Pour half vegetables in an ovenproof dish, arrange fish pieces on top and spread remaining vegetables over the fish.
- Combine together egg and yogurt, stir in curry powder, and pour over fish and vegetables.
- Put ovenproof dish in the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.