Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Viking Wild Duck
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 631)
Preparation time: 1 Hour and 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Pour a cup of mead and dine like a viking.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Wild Duck
- Fine Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn, to rub *
- 2 Tablespoons Cooking Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- Fine Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn, to taste *
- 1 Tablespoon Blackcurrant Jelly
- Rub the duck all over with salt and pepper. Put the cooking olive oil in a heavy casserole, add duck and brown it.
- Pour yogurt and milk all over it. Cover with a lid and simmer for 1 hour, remove the duck and keep warm.
- Make the sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the flour and cook until it is light brown. Slowly add some of the strained liquid from the casserole, stir then cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the blackcurrant jelly.
- Serve duck with sauce on side.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.