Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Brown Gravy with Apple Brandy
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 856)
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
4 cups Brown Poultry Stock or Broth (homemade if possible)
(see recipe for homemade stocks and broth)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Geraci * *
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Apple Brandy, good quality
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- pinch Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- Freshly Ground White Pepper, to taste
- to taste Sel de Mer Sea Salt *
- Heat stock or broth to simmer.
- Heat olive oil and butter in skillet and stir in flour, cooking until it is a light brown.
- Using a whisk, add Apple Brandy and Worcestershire sauce and stir until blended.
- Add hot stock or broth and stir until very smooth. Add nutmeg and salt and pepper. Continue to simmer until gravy reaches desired consistency.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.