Free Shipping for Orders over $99!
Some exclusions apply. See our shipping policies for more information.
In the event you need to cancel your reservation, we require 48 hours notice. If you cancel within the 48 hour time period, you will not receive a refund, and you cannot exchange for another class date. You can, however, send a friend in your place. Avanti Savoia reserves the right to cancel a class at any time for any reason. If Avanti Savoia cancels a class you will receive a full refund or credit for another class. Your choice.
Other products you may like:
Tuesday August 13th: Summertime Specialties with Sunburst Trout
GP price: $160.00 (4/gp)
Sorry, this class is sold out. Please enter your name, phone number and email address below to be added to the class waiting list. We will notify you if seats become available.
Very special class with Guest Chef Charles Hudson from Sunburst Trout Farms in Canton North Carolina.
In the beautiful scenery of Western North Carolina, lies the South’s first commercial trout farm. Founded in 1948, the business has been family owned and operated for 3 generations. Top chefs across our region have been thrilled with their products for years and now it’s your turn! Avanti Savoia is most pleased to welcome Sales Manager Wes Eason and Chef Charles Hudson to share their products and creative recipes. Chef Hudson was born and raised in Asheville, North Carolina and currently resides in Waynesville, NC. The chef is currently employed by Sunburst Trout as their Research and Development Chef and is responsible for many award winning products as well as the development of other new items. He graduated from the AB Tech Culinary School with an AS in Culinary Technology and holds a BS in Physics from UNC at Asheville. Chef Charles is passionate about local farms, foods and food businesses and has conducted demos using local foods in school classrooms, local farmers markets and grocery stores.
- Mayonnaise Sandwich with Sunburst Trout Caviar (a new take on an old southern picnic classic)
- Sunburst Hickory Cold Smoked Trout with Goat Cheese and Pickled Vegetable Relish (thin slices of smoked trout wrapped around soft goat cheese and topped with a pickled vegetable relish)
- Hot Smoked Trout and Orzo Pasta Salad (unique combination of smoked trout, pasta, olives, roasted peppers, apples and Feta cheese)
- Lime Basil Grilled Trout Fillet on Marinated Tomato Salad with Olives and Cheese (flavorful combination using fresh tomatoes at the height of the season)
- Instead of Dessert ( This is an unique opportunity to help Chef Hudson shape a new product in the Sunburst Family… a sensory evaluation of a prototype Trout Burger)
Class time: August 13th, 6:30-8:30pm
What to bring: BYOB/W