Free Shipping for Orders over $99!
Some exclusions apply. See our shipping policies for more information.
In the event you need to cancel your reservation, we require 48 hours notice. If you cancel within the 48 hour time period, you will not receive a refund, and you cannot exchange for another class date. You can, however, send a friend in your place. Avanti Savoia reserves the right to cancel a class at any time for any reason. If Avanti Savoia cancels a class you will receive a full refund or credit for another class. Your choice.
Tuesday, December 17th, 2013:: Winter Flavors from the Farmer’s Market
Avanti Savoia is proud to host this "star" of modern Southern Cuisine.
Sheri Castle is a professional food writer, recipe developer, recipe tester, and culinary instructor. She is known for melding storytelling, humor, and culinary expertise, so she can tell a tale while making a memorable meal. Sheri is a popular speaker at both culinary and literary festivals. She is the author of The New Southern Garden Cookbook: Recipes for Enjoying the Best from Homegrown Gardens, Farmers’ Markets, Roadside Stands and CSA Boxes. Among the many accolades, this book was selected as the 2012 Cookbook of the Year by the Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance (SIBA). Sheri’s work has appeared in numerous magazines cookbook anthologies, syndicated newspaper columns, Web sites, and blogs. Her cookbook will be available for purchase the night of the class (and we are confident that she will be happy to autograph it for you). La Cucina at Avanti Savoia is proud to host this “star” of modern Southern cuisine!
- Pancetta Crisps with Pear, Goat Cheese, and Peppered Honey: (Crispy pancetta topped with ripe pear, a dollop of goat cheese, and a drizzle of local honey perked up with pepper.)
- Radiatore with Roasted Winter Squash, Hazelnuts, and Browned Butter Sage Sauce: (Cubes of winter squash tossed with pasta and crunchy hazelnuts, then finished with browned butter and sage).
- Smothered Chicken with Caramelized Onion and Gingersnap Gravy: (Seared chicken breasts with caramelized onions, bourbon, and a splash of cream. The secret ingredient is crushed gingersnaps, just enough to add a hint of spice).
- Lemon-Scented Sweet Potato Purée: (A squeeze of citrus transforms silky roasted sweet potato puree into a spectacular autumn side dish).
- Apple Butter Pie with Candied Ginger Cream: (Spicy apple butter and bits of candied ginger hold sway in this simple, delectable pie that might become a new holiday favorite).
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost: $50/ person
What to bring with you: BYOW (wine)