Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Emperor's Mushroom Marinade
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 811)
Serves 12 - 16
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Nice appetizer for a party; a step up from most marinated mushrooms.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Medium or Large Mushrooms or Mushrooms Caps
- 10-12 cloves Garlic
- 4 ounces Green Peppercorns *
- 32 ounces Fine Italian Olive Oil *
- 12 ounces Chardonnay Vinegar *
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- Salt to taste *
- Wipe or wash mushrooms.
- Peel garlic cloves and slice thinly. Mash green peppercorns slightly.
- Layer mushrooms, garlic slices and peppercorns in glass bowl.
- Combine olive oil, chardonnay vinegar and brandy and pour over mushroom combination. Cover tightly and marinate at room temperature.
- Turn container approximately every hour for 6 to 8 hours. Do not marinate more than 8 hours or mushrooms will become mushy. Refrigerate after 6 hours.
- Drain and serve chilled as hors d'oeuvres or first course.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.