Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Corn and Rice
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 844)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 large Cauliflower
- 3 Onions
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 Tablespoons Cooking/ All Purpose Olive Oil* *
- 2 cups White Wine
- 8 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Sage
- 1 teaspoon Chervil
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Ears Corn
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- Tamari Soy Sauce or Salt*, to taste *
- Break cauliflower into flowerets, chop onions, peel and dice potatoes, and chop garlic.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large soup pot and cauliflower, onion, garlic and potaotes.
- Cook over lower heat, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften. Add white wine and simmer another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 7 cups of the stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, sage, chervil, cayene pepper, and black pepper. Simmer until all ingredients are completely soft.
- While vegetables are simmering, slice the fresh corn from the ears.
- In a sauté pan or saucepan, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over a low flame and add corn, stirrin constantly for a few minutes. Then add cumin, bay leaves and the remaining cup of stock and cook until corn is tender.
- When cauliflower and other vegetables are thoroughly cooked, cool soup and puree in a food processor. Add a bit of water if mixture becomes too thick.
- Return the soup to soup pan and sitr in the cooked corn (remove bay leaves) and cooked brown rice. Season with desired amount of tamari soy sauce or salt. Heat to serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.