Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Thyme and Sage Braised Chicken Wings with Apricots
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 364)
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Apricots, thyme and sage sing together.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 cup Dried apricots
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 3 pounds Chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 to 2 cups Flour, seasoned with 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, dried sage and thyme
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3 cups Purple onions, sliced julienne
- 2 tablespoons Each fresh thyme leaves and sage leaves plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- Soak apricots in white wine to soften.
- Dredge wings in seasoned flour.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large saute pan and lightly brown the wings, turning a time or two.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Cook julienne cut onions in hot oil in which the chicken was cooked.
- When the onions just start to soften, add fresh thyme, sage, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and return wings to the pan and braise until tender.
- Remove apricots from wine and add wine to the braising wings.
- Slice apricots into little strips and add to the wings just as the liquid begins to disappear.
- Include some of the onions and apricots with each serving.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.