Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Ocean Catfish in Mustard Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 447)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
The mustard, cream and other seasonings thicken into a delicious sauce (similiar to Dijonaise) when combined, really perfect with fish.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Ocean catfish fillets, skinned and boned
- Fine sea salt and black peppercorn, to taste *
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Mild mustard
- 1 teaspoon Hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons Fresh horseradish, grated
- Cut fish into strips and season with peppercorn and salt.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan and quickly fry fish strips.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Pour heavy cream into frying pan; add both mustards and horseradish.
- Bring to a boil, season with peppercorn and salt to taste.
- Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Return fish strips to frying pan and warm through.
- Serve with boiled rice.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.