Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Gold Coin Pork
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 502)
Preparation time: 2 1/2 hours; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Deep fried and different.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 16 Small, dried black mushrooms
- 1 pound Lean pork
- 8 Bacon strips
- 2 Slices of fresh ginger root
- 2 Scallion stalks
- 4 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine
- 2 Star Anise cloves
2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Avanti Savoia Cooking/All Purpose Olive Oil suggested
- 3 tespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame oil
- Soak dried mushrooms.
- Slice pork in 1/16-inch slices, then in 1½-inch squares.
- Cut bacon strips in similar squares.
- Place both in a bowl, along with mushrooms.
- Mince ginger and scallion, then combine with soy sauce, Sherry wine and stars anise.
- Add to pork, bacon and mushrooms and toss gently.
- Let stand 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain, transferring marinate to a saucepan.
- Arrange mushrooms, pork and bacon squares alternately on skewers. Meanwhile, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil to about 375 degrees in a wok pan.
- Gently lower in (a few at a time skewers) and deep-fry ingredients until golden, turning skewers for even cooking. (Handle skewers with tongs to protect hands).
- Drain on paper towel.
- Let cool slightly, then remove skewers.
- Meanwhile, add sugar and sesame oil to marinate in saucepan.
- Heat slowly but do not boil.
- Briefly dip pork, bacon, and mushrooms in marinade and serve
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.