Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Raisin Bonanza Batter Cake
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 388)
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus cooling; Cook time: 1 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
A rich, yet simple cake using olive oil instead of butter.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Unsweetened cocoa powder ( Castagna-Pure Red Venezuelan Cocoa Powder suggested) *
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon *
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground nutmeg *
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cloves *
- 1 1/2 cups Raisins
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Grated orange peel
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup Olive oil *
- Sift flour, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove into a large mixing bowl.
- Blend in raisins, walnuts and orange peel.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Then beat just until smooth.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until knife inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Invert onto cake rack and cool completely.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.