Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pasta Salad with Pesto
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 248)
Preparation time: 2 hours
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Most wonderful with freshly harvested basil from the garden.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Spiral-shaped pasta (cooked until it is slightly firm) *
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt *
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Black pepper *
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon White wine vinegar *
- 6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil *
2 cups Pesto sauce
Recipe for Pesto sauce can be found in Avanti Savoia sauces
- 3 Stalks celery, strings removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 Medium size purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 Medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup Black olives, sliced
- 1 Clove garlic, minced and mashed
- 2 tablespoons Pine nuts, toasted
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Combine cooked pasta with salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, olive oil, and pesto sauce.
- Toss very gently with wooden spoons until just blended.
- Mix together the celery, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, olives and garlic.
- Blend with pesto-pasta until mixed but try not to break up the pasta.
- Top with the toasted pine nuts, and a little grated parmesan cheese.
- Chill for a few hours, if possible for flavors to meld.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.